Chicago Cubs Fans Message Board › Saturday

Saturday

A former member
Hey guys,

Thanks to all of you for your RSVPs for the Cubs game in Milwaukee this Saturday.  It should be a fun time, and for those of us (including myself) who haven't been to Miller Park, will be great to experience a new ballpark.

TICKETS

We have 11 people slated to go to the game, including guests.  I already ordered the tickets for everyone.  Our seats are in the Terrace Reserve section (#435).  Basically, we will be sitting in the upper deck section, down the left field line.  The ticket cost per person is $30.  I will set up the PayPal option for anyone who wishes to pay in advance (if you select the 'Gift' option, you shouldn't have to deal with the transaction fee).  Otherwise, I can take cash from you on Saturday.

TRAVEL

Based on the responses I saw, we have three people willing to drive (thanks again Bobbie, Haley and Michael!).  There are 11 of us total, so I think we could pool everyone into three cars. 

Now, some of us are in the city, and others in the suburbs, so we will have to work out the most logical options for all of us based on location. 

If anyone else besides Bobbie/Haley/Michael was planning to drive on their own, could you let me know so I can factor that in to carpooling arrangements?  Otherwise, I will assume you will be riding with someone who's agreed to driving.

Rose, if you need a ride, can you let us know what area you and your friend are in?  Perhaps we can work something out with Bobbie or Haley to have you ride with one of them.

Michael, how many would you be able to take in your car?  I know you have a friend coming, but if it is possible to take those of us (Dan, my friend, myself) who live within the city, that would be awesome.

I am posting this in the discussion forum as well.  If any of you respond, please try to reply on the forum posting, so we can get the conversation rolling and work out arrangements.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Erik

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey guys,

Thanks to all of you for your RSVPs for the Cubs game in Milwaukee this Saturday.  It should be a fun time, and for those of us (including myself) who haven't been to Miller Park, will be great to experience a new ballpark.

TICKETS

We have 11 people slated to go to the game, including guests.  I already ordered the tickets for everyone.  Our seats are in the Terrace Reserve section (#435).  Basically, we will be sitting in the upper deck section, down the left field line.  The ticket cost per person is $30.  I will set up the PayPal option for anyone who wishes to pay in advance (if you select the 'Gift' option, you shouldn't have to deal with the transaction fee).  Otherwise, I can take cash from you on Saturday.

Hey Erik,
Thanx for arranging this outing and the tics! Yes , I can still drive Im in Vernon Hills, near 294 North ,which is highway we need to get to Milwaukee, willing to pick anyone up at a train station nearby if needed, but unfortunately have to leave around 5pm or so to get back to work function that evening , so if people want to stay would need to catch another ride back??? How much is parking and what lot are we looking for to meet in to tailgate?
Thanx, Bobbie

TRAVEL

Based on the responses I saw, we have three people willing to drive (thanks again Bobbie, Haley and Michael!).  There are 11 of us total, so I think we could pool everyone into three cars. 

Now, some of us are in the city, and others in the suburbs, so we will have to work out the most logical options for all of us based on location. 

If anyone else besides Bobbie/Haley/Michael was planning to drive on their own, could you let me know so I can factor that in to carpooling arrangements?  Otherwise, I will assume you will be riding with someone who's agreed to driving.

Rose, if you need a ride, can you let us know what area you and your friend are in?  Perhaps we can work something out with Bobbie or Haley to have you ride with one of them.

Michael, how many would you be able to take in your car?  I know you have a friend coming, but if it is possible to take those of us (Dan, my friend, myself) who live within the city, that would be awesome.

I am posting this in the discussion forum as well.  If any of you respond, please try to reply on the forum posting, so we can get the conversation rolling and work out arrangements.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Erik

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey Bobbie,

No problem if you have to leave by a certain time, we can work with that. The game should end somewhere around 3:00, so you'd still have some time to hang out afterwards.

For parking, my thought was for us to park in one of the two $15 lots (in green on the map on the link below). The 'Molitor" lot seems like it would be pretty easy to get to from I-94.

http://milwaukee.brew...­

For tailgating, hopefully we have a little time after we get there to have a pre-game beer. I was thinking we could also tailgate for a little while after the game as well, if people are cool with that. We can work that out on Saturday though.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Erik. I will be driving. I don't mind driving someone if they need a ride. Just let me know. Also will there be a meeting place so that we can all follow one another so we park together? Please let me know. This is my first meet up event with you and I'm very excited. My cell number is 708-975-9258 if you need to reach me.

Thanks
Rose
A former member
Post #: 4
Sounds good Rose, look forward to meeting you Saturday.

As for a meeting place, that's not a bad idea. Only thing with that would be that people are driving from different areas, and leaving at different times based on where they are. My thought was to just coordinate with the first person who arrives at the ballpark, and I would let the other drivers know where we're parked within the lot.

Mike/Haley/Bobbie, what do you think? Would you rather meet somewhere (i.e. a gas station off I-94 in No. IL) and follow each other into Milwaukee? Or are you OK with just finding each other within the parking lot at the ballpark?
A former member
Post #: 5
As for the tailgate itself, bring any snacks and/or beer you like. I plan to bring some Old Style (gotta have it for a Cubs game!) and probably Miller Lite too (we are in Miller Park after all). There is also a Sausage Haus stand in the middle of all the parking lots there, so we have that as a pre/post-game food option!

Haley said she has a cooler she can bring, but if anyone else has one they can bring that would be good. Also, if anyone has portable chairs, feel free to bring those too.
A former member
Post #: 2
I really think a meeting place off tollway would work. Then we can all park together. I plan on bringing a cooler with some beer and wine. I will bring some snacks too. I have never been to this stadium so I am not familiar with it.

Rose