addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Ember.js Message Board › Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience.

Ryan Y.
user 39881592
Chicago, IL
Good morning,

I would like to thank Trek for sending out an update on my behalf regarding the date change.

As he mentioned due to some illness over the past month as well as an increase in technical meetings locking down a location proved harder than anticipated close to the last minute.  Ironically I am writing this home sick again, why did I laugh at that Flu shot 2 weeks ago and say I'll pass?

The good news is we now have the proper time to book an excellent venue, we promise you will all love it. As well as provide a better experience, being this is our first meetup we want it to be extra special with a lot to gain for everyone that attends.

We put a good amount of thought into the model that we would like to use having attended many meetups / technical conferences.  There is many things we have found less than entertaining, such as spending half the time helping people setup their local environments, etc..  This is counter productive so we are going to make sure there is no setup required, we will have a nice live app readily available on GitHub prior and there will be no local ruby / node configurations. If you would like to follow along we will be using a combination of 3rd party API's such as Twitter (before they lock every developer out) and JSFiddle.

So I extend my appologies to you for all the delays, we will have a venue locked down very soon with a date in November.  We look forward to meeting each and everyone of you, and have very high expectations that you will be leaving craving more Ember.js knowledge!

Sincerely,

Ryan Yogan