Chicago Growth Hackers Message Board › GiveForward is looking for a Senior-level SEO
Hey everyone - our good friends at GiveForward are looking for a senior-level SEO. If you or anyone you know would be interested, feel free to pass on the info below:
Thank goodness we found you! We need your help! If you’re reading this letter, you’ve likely received it from one of our trusted friends or allies. We also know that you’re a highly practiced, skillful and proven search engine marketer who has spent your career studying and refining your knowledge of the craft.First of all, you should know that we value your skills. We’re ready to make a long-term commitment to search engine optimization and we’re hoping that you can help us get there. We are like you. Our marketing team is composed of top-notch search engine experts, testing specialists, optimized media managers and analytics junkies. We also employ top-of-their-field engineers, artists, strategists and communication experts that are all hell bent on uncovering ultimate success.
If you like what you’re hearing so far, listen up. Here is the nitty-gritty.
We’re a successful Chicago-based startup. We’re growing faster than most and our vision in ambitious. We’ve set out to become the first thing someone thinks of when a friend or loved on gets sick. We’re not there yet and that’s why we need your help. We’re looking to hire a full-time, senior SEO whom would be entrusted with a single outcome: SERP dominance on keywords searched by our prospective customers.
Here is your mission, if you choose to accept it:
- Be the voice of semantic relevance for all of our digital content
- Use your technical and analytical skills to uncover crawl errors and indexing opportunities
- Develop the site-wide content architecture that will connect our database-driven and user-generated content with relevant queries
- By any means necessary, achieve top of 1st page rankings on industry-defining queries
- Leverage our work environment, tools and market leadership position to do the best SEO work of your career
- Produce exciting growth in traffic and customers sourced from top search engines
- Sleep easy at night knowing the sweat you put in during the days are helping defray the growing pain of health care costs and shortcomings of insurance for major medical crises
A good candidate for this mission will be an expert in the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Tagging, tracking and data discipline
- MS Excel
- XML Sitemaps, Robots.txt and other crawling/indexing directives
- Domain and page level link authority for large and complex sites
- LSI, on-page optimization and other advanced relevance and information retrieval techniques
- SEOMoz products and other 3rd party optimization and analysis software
The expectations and importance of the mission are as follows:
- Primary ownership of SEO strategy and implementation (architect and builder)
- Reports directly to Chief Growth Officer. Works alongside optimized media (paid search, social, display, etc.) and data/engineering team
- You will have enough experience and expertise to take full responsibility for our SEO program – we don’t care what college you went, what awards you’ve won or how many years of work experience you have
- White Hat only – we are in this for the long haul
A recruit for this mission will receive the following:
- Full-time employment out of Chicago, IL
- Competitive salary and opportunities for advancement
- Health, vision, dental, FSA, commuter and other benefits
- Stock options
Warning: this is a highly competitive industry! You will be on the front lines of a fast-growing vertical and there will be collateral damage. Victory will not come easy but its taste will be sweet.
To submit yourself for consideration, please contact Dan Kuthy at firstname.lastname@example.org with a few paragraphs about yourself, your accomplishments and your SEO chops. Also, riddle me this: link sculpting has fallen out of favor but internal link architecture and page authority is still key. How does a company maximize link equity on key pages without having to rely on rel=nofollow? Send me a few of your ideas with your submission.
This message will self-destruct in 5…4…3…2…1...
My name's Mike, and I work under Dan at GiveForward - mostly on funnel optimization and paid media growth. Feel free to reach out if any questions regarding what it's like to work on growth at GF!