Melissa
user 42589432
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
My husband and I have decided to start trying for a baby. I have no fertility issues. I have had three children uncomplicated pregnancies. My third child was born at St Alexis brothers hospital and I really lacked that warm and fuzzy feeling there. My first two were born in a small more intimate hospital. And maybe that was the big issue. Not only that I felt Amazing within an hr of having her and was ready to leave and go home with my baby.

I really want to have an unmedicated as little intervention as possible home birth.. I am starting to do my homework now after reading something about laws preventing me from having a home birth. My husband actually discovered this group. He is totally on board with this.

I live in Naperville IL so to find a midwife closer to Naperville would be great. I will also be 35 years old next month is that something that will be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Melissa&Joe
A former member
Post #: 3
Home birth is not illegal in Illinois. Christina Oser CNM is a licensed midwife serving the Naperville area. Her number is (630) 393-9800 ext 225. There's a meetup in your area too. Good luck to you!

Debbie Boucher CNM
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm also 35, and had an unassisted home birth last January. I did get pre natal care, and had a transfer plan in place, but I don't see your age as a factor... good luck on your endeavors!
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 306
If you are interested in making informed decisions I can help. In just one session with me you will get information and referrals that will give you confidence in your decisions. I have been a birth advocate for many years and am the president and founder of BirthLink.com.

Please feel free to contact me. 847-733-8050 or bestbirth@birthlink.com

My best to you - Jo Anne Lindberg