The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Chicago Homebirth Forum & General Discussion › Relocating to near Columbus from chicago

Relocating to near Columbus from chicago

alicia
star1280
Chicago, IL
Post #: 5
Hello Ohio folks. I am single mama relocating two kids, 4 and 9, for a full time position near dublin. When i had my second child i relied on the chicago home birth meet up to guide me, i found some amazing like people so i am again reaching out to you all for help in my transition. Although I am prolly finished birthing my own child children I am on am path to help birth others as a midwife, and not sure how to continue this in Ohio.

For the time being though I was wondering if you could guide me in other directions...
I'm first looking for schools. Ideal...Spanish immersion montessori or either or. Can anyone tell me more about the public columbus Spanish immersion Elementary school or the charter Columbus bilingual academy? Can anyone recommend a good, preferably not catholic montessori? Or one with just good down to earth parents involved with a great school.

Second I am need of child care, nanny/share/live-in, or sitters, or kid swaps. Communities, websites, or other good connections/recommendations are appreciated.

Lastly, neighborhoods and housing. I've heard a lot of good things about clintonville, thoughts? Note, my kids are both biracial and we are from chicago so like a lot of culture. Community of neighboring kids would be helpful.

Please help, little time to pull it all together!
Thaknk you in advance.
Alicia