addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Referrals › Midwife Reviews

Midwife Reviews

A former member
Post #: 167
Hi Everyone,

I would have thought this discussion would be easy to find as part of a meetup like this, but I haven't found a discussion where many people are sharing reviews of the midwives they used for their home births.

My husband and I are planning a home birth and would love to know what your experience was with the midwife you used. Good, bad, indifferent...please share!

Thanks,

Sam
A former member
Post #: 1
We are considering Sarah Simmons and would love to talk to someone who has birthed with her.
Kalie E.
user 19862341
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
My birth was attended by Christina Oser from Genesis Family Midwifery. I cannot speak highly enough about her, Stephanie and Karen. They were absolutely wonderful throughout my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter was very fulfilling and exactly how I had hoped it would be. Let me know if you have any questions. They have free consultations twice a week. Go and talk to them, SUPER nice ladies. Good luck.
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 329
You may have already made your decision but I offer All Things Birth & Baby consults. I also know all the midwives - all three kinds - practicing in the state of IL. There are also some who come from out of state. You will want to make informed decisions so that you can gain the confidence you need to birth naturally.

Let me know if I can help. Jo Anne Lindberg - bestbirth@birthlink.com or 847-733-8050
A former member
Post #: 2
We are considering Sarah Simmons and would love to talk to someone who has birthed with her.

Hello,

I just used Sarah and she is wonderful. She did all the pre-labor, post-labor check-ups including blood work, pap-smear, stitches and post-labor breast feeding instructions. The thing that I like most about Sarah is that she's very open minded, casual and motherly to the mother in labor. I honestly can say that I feel very cared for by Sarah and she's watching out for the mother and baby first. I have a crazy but loving family and she had no problems asking people to bring food up to me, make sure I was well rested and my stress levels were low. She had a gentle way of making sure I taken care of and made sure the mother was well rested for active labor. She helped me find comfortable labor positions that used minimal energy to save that energy during the active labor and she made sure that I drank apple juice and took a bite of something so that I was energized for contractions. She came at 4am for a visit and again from 10am till 9:30pm after the baby was born. I still get weekly check-ups with her and phone consultations 6 weeks after the birth:) I would highly recommend Sarah and her assistants for a home birth, especially if you are in Chicago. She has a wealth of knowledge as well as excellent referrals for ultrasounds, birthing classes, lactation consultants, pediatricians, breast milk donation mothers etc.

Best wishes,

Amy
Julie P.
user 7829208
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
I can put you in touch with people who've birthed with Sarah. She's in my neighborhood and I've met quite a few people who did. All gave good references. My friend Nancy had her daughter at home with Sarah. Her daughter is now about 16 years old. Two other women in the neighborhood have children around four years old that they had with Sarah and loved her. I was her client. She was very wonderful and helped me avoid surgery when I had an ectopic pregnancy. She's very very good. If you want to talk to others, let me know and I could try to arrange it. Best of luck.