The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Homebirth FAQs › Home Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (HVBAC)

Home Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (HVBAC)

A former member
Post #: 1
Is there anyone (aside from Ina May Gaskin and the farm, blessed be the names) that does home VBACS (besides Homefirst as well)??? Also, anyone that is doing this that might even take insurance? I know I'm crazy and going out on a limb even asking. God forbid my imperfect and now scarred uterus and I even consider risking delivering at home ... how dare I!

If anyone has any references I'd appreciate it (Dr. White already told me I'm not a candidate for home birth as VBAC and I've been scared off of Homefirst even though we're in Rolling Meadows -- just because of their hiked up rates and bad book keeping reputation).

Thank you!
Stephanie
Julie
dj_una
Chicago, IL
Post #: 520
We're looking to do a HVBAC as well (due in January) and are looking for midwives as well!

Thanks, Rob (Husband to Julie)
A former member
I am researching this. When I get pregnant with my next (hopefully soon) I hope to HBAC, too. So far I have not found anyone other than HomeFirst, and I do not want to use them as well. If I find anyone who is willing, I will post it. Good luck to us all!
Tracy
A former member
Is there anyone (aside from Ina May Gaskin and the farm, blessed be the names) that does home VBACS (besides Homefirst as well)??? Also, anyone that is doing this that might even take insurance? I know I'm crazy and going out on a limb even asking. God forbid my imperfect and now scarred uterus and I even consider risking delivering at home ... how dare I!

If anyone has any references I'd appreciate it (Dr. White already told me I'm not a candidate for home birth as VBAC and I've been scared off of Homefirst even though we're in Rolling Meadows -- just because of their hiked up rates and bad book keeping reputation).

Thank you!
Stephanie

if you check out the ican groups in algonquin and oswego and are specific about a traditional midwife they can help youcool
Julie E
cinquefoil
Zion, IL
Post #: 79
You can also contact ICAN of Lake County.

ICANofLakeCounty @ gmail.com

www.freewebs.com/icanoflakecounty/­
A former member
Post #: 9
I have heard that both Diane and Sarah Simmons will do HBACs. But I do not have any personal experience. I believe A Woman's Place will do them if you have had an intervening vaginal birth since the c-section. Good luck.
A former member
Post #: 57
I have heard that both Diane and Sarah Simmons will do HBACs. But I do not have any personal experience. I believe A Woman's Place will do them if you have had an intervening vaginal birth since the c-section. Good luck.

Just FYI: I contacted Jennifer Gagnon of A Woman's Place. Her website states she cannot take VBACs and she replied to me that she could not take me on, even though I am on my 3rd pregnancy (#1 C, #2 Hospital VBAC). I am now waiting to hear back from Sarah Simmons with my fingers crossed.
A former member
Post #: 58
Update:
Sarah Simmons will do HBACs. Not sure if it has to be your second VBAC though, which mine is.
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 183
There are many criteria for a practitioner to consider taking a VBAC. Sarah Simmons is the only certified midwife that I know who is openly taking primary (first vaginal after c-section)VBACs. They are also difficult to get in a hospital setting. Sometimes you have to have had a VBAC in the hospital first. You might want to ask about the success rates of the hospital, practice and then the individual practitioner so you can compare. No midwife will do a VBAC if someone has had two c-sections in a row no matter how many vaginal deliveries she has had afterward. Many midwives will offer a VBAC at the hospital. If you have any further questions about this or other birth options please feel free to let me know.

--
Peace on earth begins with birth and body work.

Jo Anne Lindberg MEd ABT
President & Founder
BirthLink.com
Five Element Shiatsu
1555 Sherman Avenue #175
Evanston, IL 60201
847-733-8050

www.birthlink.com
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 289
Just to update this post. There are also Certified Professional Midwives that will consider a home after c-section birth. If you would like to know more please contact me.

Jo Anne Lindberg MEd ABT
President & Founder
Childbirth & Family Wellness
Five Element Shiatsu
1555 Sherman Avenue #175 (mailing address only)
Evanston, IL 60201
847-733-8050

www.birthlink.com