The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Homebirth FAQs › Water birth logistics.

Water birth logistics.

Feather
Chicago, IL
Post #: 178
How did you birthing tub mamas fill and empty the pool? I had read that a garden hose isn't clean enough and am looking into a aquarium fill and clean kit. Any ideas? How do I empty that thing? I am in a 3rd floor unit.
Suggestions? I am cutting it close, let's hope the baby stays in there till I figure this out.
A former member
Post #: 42
We used a garden hose (it was brand new) and then bought a submersible water pump from yourwaterbirth.com. I don't honestly know the logistics of how the emptying went because we were too busy cuddling with our little guy. Our fabulous doulas took care of all the details....
A former member
Post #: 33
We did the same thing for our water birth. We also heated boiling water on the stove and poured into the tub. I wanted the water to be hotter. I used a big blow up pool that was recommended by my midwife and it worked great, very soft. I know you will figure it out, it is so worth it!... Love and Power... Lachelle