The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Referrals › Does anyone have a pediatrician who will honor my decision not to vaccinate?

Does anyone have a pediatrician who will honor my decision not to vaccinate?

Adrienne
adagawlowski
Chicago, IL
Post #: 34
Hi,
I am about to give birth with a midwife sometime next week. I need a pediatrician who will not bully me into any vaccination schedule.
Thank you for any information you can provide.
Adrienne
Venessa T
user 7599308
Chicago, IL
Post #: 981
I have heard good things about Dr. Minkus.
A former member
Post #: 235
Dr Minkus is indeed flexible with vaccinations, and in general has been a fantastic pediatrician. We are moving to Washington DC and just had our last appointment with him yesterday...so if you pick him, you can take our spot :) Tell him Sara said hi! Good luck with your baby's birth and your start to parenthood.
Katrina P.
user 7972959
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Homefirst will honor any decisions you make about vaccinations. They have several offices throughout Chicagoland.
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 108
Sounds like you just want to get checked out of the hospital. Anyone can do that then you can change after that. you might want to think a bit out of the box and use different practitioners depending on what kind of health challenge you are facing. There is a time and a place for Western medicine. It is usually for acute problem such as broken bones or other major things. For chronic childhood health concerns there are lots of different approaches that support health and work with the body to stimulate the immune system or get to the root of the problem such as pediatric acupuncture. There are no needles used though they may suggest herbs. You can also use cranial sacral or pediatric chiropractors for many things. You can find these practitioners and more on BirthLink.com. If you are not sure what to do just contact me by email or phone.

--
Peace on earth begins with birth and body work.

Jo Anne Lindberg
President & Founder
Birthlink
Five Element Shiatsu
1555 Sherman Avenue #175
Evanston, IL 60201

www.birthlink.com

Megan A.
user 35046332
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
Mariela Cano out of Advocate Family Practice Ravenswood was fine with us not vaccinating.
Sue M.
Sue.M.
Evanston, IL
Post #: 475
We have not vaccinated either of our children and have gotten no real fuss from our care provider. Her name is Jill Powers APRN. All four of us see her and have been very happy. She is open to lots of alternatives and will offer suggestions when asked about it. She is generally very non invasive and hands off. She is at and office called MJ Medical. There is also a Dr. we have seen in that office who has never said anything to me about the lack of vaccinations. Her name is Marina Claudio. I highly recommend them both, especially Jill.

773-463-4100
6326 N Lincoln , Chicago.
A former member
Post #: 1
Catherine Plonka, also at Ravenswood family practice has been great with us, and supports my decision not to vax...
A former member
Post #: 17
I gave birth at home and didn't have the Hep B (unnecessary for newborns!) or the eye drops. But I'm curious why other home birthers often decline to vaccinate against potentially deadly diseases, especially since the rate of adverse reactions is so low and the link to autism has been thoroughly disproved. Which vaccines do you get (if any), and how did you make your decision?
A former member
Post #: 2
Well, the first thing I'll say is that I personally have seen an 18 month old regress from 20+ words to none within days of standard shots, and continue to regress. Eventually, a diagnosis of autism was given. So I will never personally believe any "research" that disproves a link unequivocally...
But that's got little to do with the main reason I don't vaccinate. I have done a TON of research (literally hundreds of hours over the last 17 years) and the conclusion I've drawn is that the risks of the vaccines far outweigh the intended benefits. For that reason, I don't vaccinate my children.
I am extremely biased and wouldn't be the person to ask, I guess...but this link is a good way to ease into the topic a bit.
http://guggiedaly.blo...­