addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Chicago-area Homebirth Meetup Group Message Board Homebirth FAQs › What Can a Doula Do For You?

What Can a Doula Do For You?

Venessa T
user 7599308
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1,305
What is all the fuss about doulas?

What is a doula, anyway?

What is the difference between a doula and a midwife?

Why should I hire a doula?

What will my doula do that my partner/mother/sister can’t?

Come and find out!

Meet local doulas for a q&a, followed by some social time with tea and cookies.

Doulas Tara Brinkman and Natalie Evans will be joining the BirthNetwork to talk about a doula’s role in labor and what they can do to assist a woman in labor.

Bring your questions or concerns (and a friend!) or just come to listen, learn, and network.

Meetings are child-friendly and free.

This meeting is open to the public, not just to this meet-up, so please spread the word if you have friends who are pregnant or otherwise interested in this topic!