FYI, this is a separate opening from the Head of UX position also posted.
Learn more and apply here: https://www.jobmagic....
Orbitz is currently looking for a Manager, User Experience Architecture to join our team based at Orbitz Worldwide's headquarters in downtown Chicago.
We're the ones fighting for you to Take Vacation Back, because we believe no vacation day should go untraveled (it's not just a slogan, we actually believe it). We offer a huge selection of low airfares and unbeatable hotel deals, with the inside scoop on everything to make your trip memorable—from the cheap, the cool, to the even cooler.
We have a dynamic, fast-paced environment, at the forefront of technology, and offer an excellent opportunity for leadership, creativity and personal success. (Travel perks? We have those too.) If you're as passionate about travel as you are about technology, and want to work with the best in the biz, this is the place for you. A high degree of responsibility and accountability for decisions made are key aspects to this role. So is helping yourself to free cereal in the morning.
The Manager, User Experience Architecture, at Orbitz Worldwide facilitates the creation of exceptional, breakthrough user experiences by leading, coaching and inspiring the UX Architecture team. Key responsibilities include: managing the UX Architecture team to consistently deliver against business and UX specific objectives; providing the management and direction needed to maximize the UX Architecture team's ability to contribute to organizational goals; and, providing thought leadership in the UX Architecture context.
The Manager, User Experience Architecture, at Orbitz Worldwide will work in a highly collaborative environment to ensure that Orbitz Worldwide's user experience adheres to industry best practices, is highly usable, reflects internal standards, utilizes advanced interface concepts, and is in alignment with Orbitz Worldwide's business goals.
- Promote a shared user experience vision for global ecommerce platform and US consumer POS, ensuring a consistent brand experience across multiple touch points including desktop, mobile, social, email and advertising
- Maintain and champion a “big picture” view of the global platform's overall capabilities, as well as active initiatives, in order to promote consistency, provide effective guidance, and ensure that business and UX goals are being considered
- Work closely with the Head of UX, Usability and Research, and UX Design teams to foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving, establishing processes, training and knowledge sharing
- Manage the performance, career development and skills, including cross-discipline expertise, of an outstanding team of UX Architects through coaching, critique, performance review and reward.
- Evaluate the scope of projects and provide high-level and detailed estimates for the IA portion of initiatives
- Provide a balanced workload that takes into account career opportunities, as well as resourcing needs
- Provide guidance and manage the quality of UXA team's proposed solutions
- Evolve organization's approach to User Experience Architecture based on industry best practices, including agile development methodologies
- Develop and advance methods of expressing solutions and concepts beyond the traditional artifacts
- Work with broader UX team to manage and refine User Experience documentation and delivery standards and processes
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to UX Architecture standards
- When necessary, be prepared to take on project work
- Work collaboratively within an agile environment on teams made up of strategists, product managers, engineers, data experts, domain experts and the UX team to deliver world-class experiences
- Work closely with stakeholders and research teams, as well as leveraging reporting and analytic tools, to understand consumer needs and behaviors both prior to efforts and when evaluating usability of proposed solutions
- Develop and promote alternate methods of gaining user insights
- Effectively present proposals, concepts and solutions to internal stakeholders
- Keep abreast of industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the larger UX team
- Evangelize user experience throughout the organization
Edited by Julie Harpring on Jan 10, 2013 8:43 PM