WHERE: Studio B at Theatre Momentum @ the Cornelia Arts Building
WHEN: 6:30 - 9:30pm
COST: $5 covers the room rental
This is our first monologue party. We will get together at 6:30, do a group warmup and then each of us will get a chance to perform a monologue in front of the group. Here are some suggestions of something to perform:
- One or two audition monologues that you would use for an open call audition.
- Tell a personal true story (like The Moth or 2nd Story).
- Bring your guitar and sing an original song.
- Read something from your journal or blog or perhaps a poem.
- Perform an original character monologue that you have written.
- Do a short set of standup.
You can even do a comibination of things. If your audition piece is short, you can do it more than once. Each person will be given up to 8 minutes of stage time to perform for the group. We should have plenty of time at the end for people to talk to each other about the monologues and get some constructive feedback. This is not a class. No official notes or feedback will be given. This is just a chance for you to try something out.
Please read our RSVP policy on the about page before you sign up for an event.