addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago MST3K Group Message Board › Cinematic Titanic, Chicago 2013 status

Cinematic Titanic, Chicago 2013 status

Mike A.
Mike_Albright
Group Organizer
Elgin, IL
Post #: 31
As was announced, 2013 will be Cinematic Titanic's final year of touring. In the interest of scheduling them for one last Chicago stop, I have begun researching theater venues. Naturally, due to its proximity to the Irish American Heritage Center, I have selected the Portage Theater as my first choice, though the search for a venue is not over.

That said, I have a price schedule for renting the Portage theatre, which I found very reasonable, and so have at least a starting point to net an invitation for them to come perform (and unlike most other venues in the area, the invite would come not from the venue, but from us).

I'm in contact with CT's booking agent and awaiting word on their expectations for a venue. It's quite possible a Kickstarter will be announced soon for a show later this year. I'll post more when I have it!

Update, 1 pm, same day: I have now heard from CT's agent, and I am perhaps a bit out of my depth. I would need a minimum of $22k just to get them here. Do-able, but a bit outside my experience. If anyone has experience in booking or promotimg a live entertainment act and would be interested in pitching in, I'd love to hear from you.

I did just have a positive conversation with Elgin Community College, so the Portage is not the only way to go here.