Join us at the Chicago Self-Publishing Group as we explore the dynamic world of self-publishing and indie publishing.
We meet every month and we welcome anyone interested in learning about self-publishing:
- self-published authors who want to learn more or share their experiences
- writers looking for information on how to self-publish
- professionals who are not writers but want to publish material related to their work
- book designers, graphic designers, and ebook formatters
- publishing industry professionals
- marketing and PR professionals
Our focus is not on the writing process but rather how to publish books without having to deal with the gatekeepers of traditional publishing (literary agents, publishing companies, etc.).
We'll explore all aspects of self-publishing, including ebooks, print on demand, book marketing, author platforms, writing tools and publishing technology, small presses, and much more. We will feature short presentations by self-published authors, book marketers, and others involved in the wonderful world of indie publishing.
Whatever your relationship to self-publishing, we invite you to join us to share your knowledge and learn from our speakers and group members.
Kim Bookless, Organizer
Welcome Chicago Self-Publishers!