addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Sencha User Group Message Board › Cereal && Code hackathon, Sat. November 3rd

Cereal && Code hackathon, Sat. November 3rd

Chad G.
ChadGlendenin
Auburn, AL
Post #: 5
On November 3rd, we're hosting an event called Cereal && Code for people to come and just hack on whatever they want:

http://www.cereal-and...­

Make some progress on whatever project you're currently working on, meet some other hackers and work on a project with them, eat some Golden Grahams, watch some retro Saturday-morning cartoons, and have a good time.

This event is for developers, designers, UX folks, anyone who builds things or has work to do and wants a time/place to hunker down and make some progress on their project. It could be personal projects, your part-time startup, your full-time startup, toying with a new framework, etc. Whatever it is, the ONLY stipulation is that you BUILD things. It's not a recruiting event, and it's not for wantrepreneurs who think, "Hey, I have a great idea and maybe a nerd will build it for me."

There are plenty of events for people to network and schmooze, but sometimes hackers just need to get things done, and we figure it's better to do it with a bowl of Frosted Flakes, some cartoons you loved as a kid, and a roomful of people who might know how to solve that node.js problem that is crushing you right now.

It's 5 bucks a head, just because we want to buy cereal, milk, bowls, and spoons for everyone. The leftover cash is going to go to VentureShot, our host, or if they don't care, we'll just take the remaining cash and buy beer and scotch for anyone who sticks around long enough.

Thanks,
chad

P.S. I'm probably going to spend my hackathon time building a site from scratch in AngularJS and TypeScript as a learning experience, but if I have time, I also want to work on generating TypeScript declarations for Ext JS and on improving my unit tests for Sencha Touch with DeftJS, so it would be awesome to have other Sencha hackers there!