Don’t just meet people, make friends
Even though you are awesome, making new friends in a new city is difficult. Instead of going to another bar alone and pretending to be waiting for someone, come meet some people who are also looking to make friends.
We are a new startup looking to help all the awesome people who are new to Chicago find each other. This new social event will help you meet the people with whom you’re most likely to be friends, by creating a social structure to build sincere relationships with those people.
Note: The actual number of people attending this event won't be accurately reflected in how many RSVPs there are. This event is being announced in several groups so expect a good turnout!
We are building an environment for meeting the right people and building real friendships. This social gathering will help match you with the right people, and thus inspire genuine friendships
How does it work?
● You commit to coming to 3 happy hours over 3 weeks (1 happy hour per week)
● Before the first happy hour you fill out a short 10 question survey that helps us get to know you a
little bit (http://goo.gl/FFhQLi)
● At the first happy hour we put you into small groups of 4 or 5, with all the group members curated
specifically for you, based on the survey results
● You grab your free drink and socialize with your group. We inspire better conversation with story
provoking questions and games
● You laugh, you cry, you grow, and when you finally decide to leave we have you fill out a quick
post event survey (3 questions) about the people you met
● We take the survey data and use it to match you up in a new group for the 2nd happy hour.
Some of the people in your new group may be from your first group, and some will be new
￼● We repeat the same process, free drinks, rich conversation, personal enlightenment, and a second quick post event survey (3 questions)
● The result being that by the third happy hour you will have created a real social circle with the people you connected with the best. You and these people will have had shared experiences with one another and have formed the basis of a real friendship
To build real relationships with someone you need to have a few shared experiences with them. By investing in 3 happy hours, you’re putting in the groundwork to make and build relationships. Plus it’s all free, so worst case scenario you come out, enjoy a free drink, and then go home and finish season 4 of Arrested Development.
So you want to participate? Awesome! Start by taking the survey (http://goo.gl/FFhQLi) and RSVP’ing to the three happy hours. We will email you event details. You can also stay up to date by joining our meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/DontjustmeetpeoplemakefriendsChicago/).
Make new friends by taking this survey (http://goo.gl/FFhQLi) and then attending 3 happy hours over 3 weeks (RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/Don-t-just-meet-people-make-friends-Chicago/).