Chicago Sports Club of New England Message Board › Another suggested venue for viewing the Bears Games

Another suggested venue for viewing the Bears Games

Chris
user 10437117
Boston, MA
Post #: 10
FYI for the organizers and/or anybody interested: I'm also a big fan of the Bears, but can't always trek to Cambridge. Spoke with the GM of Barley Hall in Allston and he'll guarantee a tv/section. He's also willing to offer deals; however, it's based on the number of turnouts. Specifics (# of turnouts needed or offerings) weren't addressed. If you're open another venue, I'd be happy to pass along the info.
ankita
user 7241079
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 3
I'm interested deal or no deal!

FYI for the organizers and/or anybody interested: I'm also a big fan of the Bears, but can't always trek to Cambridge. Spoke with the GM of Barley Hall in Allston and he'll guarantee a tv/section. He's also willing to offer deals; however, it's based on the number of turnouts. Specifics (# of turnouts needed or offerings) weren't addressed. If you're open another venue, I'd be happy to pass along the info.

Immaculate R.
user 8613951
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
I get a parking ticket every time in Allston and it's a pain from the red-line. My buddies and I like watching at the Courtside (even though I'm the only Steelers Fan in the group).
FAN A.
user 3072150
Nashua, NH
Post #: 453
Thank you for the suggestion. At this time I am not interested in another venue. The reason why we chose this venue three years ago because it was equally convenient to public transportation and driving. Lechmere Station (on the Green line) is three blocks away and Kendall Square (On the Red Line) is maybe 12. I drive an hour to get to Cambridge. I am not going to drive an hour and then jump on the T. It isn't going to happen.

Secondly, all the advantages that you say about Barley Hall, we already get at Courtside and more. We are guaranteed two large TV's, with sound and free pizza, plus there isn't a bunch of Patriot fans there crowding us out. We've gotten to the point where we get 20 people every week. I really don't want to start over again.