Introduction to Blogging and WordPress
with Danté Hamilton
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Do you want to start a Blog but don’t where to start? Do you know the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org? Are you afraid once you start your blog you may not have time to make updates?
Then join Technology for Women at our December 3, 2014 Monthly Meetup. We’ll discuss:
- Options for Starting a Blog: Including WordPress and others
- Hosting: Setting up Hosting Account and Registering a Domain Name
- Themes: Drag and Drop Design and Developing a Look and Feel
- Content: Adding Text, Photos and Videos to your Blog
- Social Media: Linking your Blog to Social Media Channels
- Plugins: Ecommerce, Online Storefronts and Accepting Payments Online with your Blog
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization and Google Webmaster Tools
- Security: How to prevent Hackers from accessing your Blog
- And More (including additional special guest presenters)
About the Presenter (photo): Danté Hamilton, founding organizer, Chicago WordPress Meetup Group (800+ members). His video blog, MyChicagoJourneys.com, has 100+ subscribers, 700+ videos and nearly 160K views.
About The Group: Technology for Women Meetup Group is designed to inform and educate women about cutting edge technology, gender and culture while encouraging women to connect, engage and share experiences with members. Men are welcome to join and attend.
Location and Check In: Technology for Women Meetup Group will meet in downtown Chicago at West Monroe Partners, LLC, located at 222 West Adams St, 11th Floor, Chicago IL USA. Please check in at Monroe Street entrance security in the lobby to gain entry to the building and then go to the 11th floor near the Adams Street entrance. Once on 11th floor, call the phone number listed on the signs posted by elevator wall for entry.
Please Note: An RSVP is required for attendance and to gain elevator access for this event.
Food and beverages will be provided
Chicago Blogs Meetup Group
Welcome to Chicago Blogs Meetup Group. This meetup community is a resource for individual bloggers who are new to blogging as well as those with well established blogs.
Chicago Blogs Meetup Group Purpose and Goal
The purpose and goals of this group are to:
- Connect, share and engage blogs and bloggers here in Chicago and around the world.
- Educate and inform bloggers how to launch, expand and grow their blogs.
- Promote blogs through a printed directory and online website.
- Collaborate with other meetup groups and blogging communities.
- And more.
Joining Chicago Blogs Meetup Group is Free
Currently there is no cost to become a member or attend most meetup events (except paid workshops, conferences, seminars, awards, etc). There are no dues. Join today and connect with other bloggers.