Jun 23, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
The only thing better than biking in the summer is biking with friends and potential new friends! If the turnout is good ... and we have a great time... we'll plan one a month, to different locations, throughout the summer!
Let's Go Biking -Dundee to Algonquin and back (11 miles round-trip)
We'll meet in Dundee at 1:30 pm and hit the Fox River Trail at 2:00. The 5.5 mile planned route is paved, relatively flat, and incredibly scenic; winding its way along the Fox River. We'll reach Algonquin around 3:00 and settle in for lunch on the river at Port Edwards. They have live entertainment from 2:00 to 6:00 and $5 Bloody Marys all day! Once our stomachs are full and we've had a chance to socialize, we'll ride back to Dundee. Join us for a great time!
Meetup RSVP Fee $1.00 per person
helps cover our annual expenses as well as deters no-shows
PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS (Paypal account not required)
Please follow the instructions below for making payment.
- Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
- Enter the number of guests coming and click "rsvp"
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Adults 21+ event
- BRING: your bike, water, sunscreen, cash for your breakfast/lunch.
- Check & Dress for the > weather <
- Keep your RSVP to this event, Up-to-Date.
- ALWAYS check this page a couple hours before the event for any important changes or updates.
THE PLAN aka ITINERARY
- 1:30 to 2:00 pm Meet in the parking area at N River Rd. and Jackson (if using a GPS, use address 102 N River St, East Dundee, IL 60118 to find parking area).
- 2:00 am SHARP We'll leave Dundee for Algonquin.
- 3:00 Lunch on the river at Port Edwards with live entertainment.
Menu > http://www.portedward.com
Note: if you don't feel like riding, you're welcome to meet us there for lunch only - note in your RSVP "Lunch Only"
- 4:00/5:00 pm Depart Algonquin to Dundee
- 5:00/6:00 pm Back at Dundee parking area.
CARPOOL Share Ga$/Parking and make new friends. In the comment section below, post your starting point and if driver or passenger. Drivers - post how many you can take. Then contact one another to work out the details.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY Bucket List Group, it's organizers, assistant organizers, and event organizers /hosts cannot be held responsible for any accident, injuries or personal property losses sustained leading up to, during, or after an event. If you sign up and attend this event, you are acknowledging that you freely and voluntarily assume all risks and damages and agree to participate in this event. When you join this event, you understand that we do not have leaders, tour guides, instructors, or experts. To describe and post an event does not constitute nor should it convey any guarantee of safety nor the assumption of liability. To organize is to assemble details, disseminate information, and provide a bit of cohesion to an event by being the single point of contact for the participants. We do not provide any service nor do we tell you what to do. If you choose to ignore suggestions and recommendations posted you are well within your rights to do so.