August 30, 2013 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
CRITICAL MASS BIKE RIDE
Let's meet up for a free and fun bike ride! Critical Mass Bike Ride is a free public road bike ride plain and simple. Each ride is different, that's part of the fun! There is a small cadre of folks at the front of the mass who know the map and destination with most of the group following along and enjoying the ride. Typically, a critical mass ride is a one way ride to a destination about 15 miles or so out of the loop. And the ride is not particularly direct as we will follow a round about route in a general direction. You can also expect the entire critical mass ride to stop for a break between 5 to 7 miles into the ride to give you time for a water break and grab a quick snack. The group will ride at a leisurely pace as it is not possible to get that many riders to go very fast - not slow but not racing either. When the group arrives at the final destination the mass will kind of morph into a party. Read more about it, http://chicagocriticalmass.org/
☮ KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- COST - FREE
- PUBLIC EVENT hosted by Chicago Critical Mass
- BUCKET LIST GROUP greeter = member-driven event
- RIDE STARTS Daley Plaza, Dearborn & Washington at 5:30 pm
- UPDATE YOUR RSVP if plans change No-Show Policy
- DRESS for THE WEATHER
☮ HOW TO ATTEND
- READ the event details
- RSVP YES - include any guest/s
- POST A COMMENT if you are willing to be our group's official greeter for this event! Basically, just comment as to where to look for you and what you will be wearing so that others can find you.
- HAVE FUN!
☮ IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS
- SAFETY Always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
- YOUR BIKE Make sure it's in good working condition with it's tires properly inflated, chain lubricated, and has front and rear lights.
- BRING head lamp/bike light, spare tubes, a pump or CO2 cartridges, levers and a patch kit in case of a flat tire.
- BRING water to drink and food or power bars to eat.
- LEARN & USE standard hand signals for group rides.
☮ HOW TO GET THERE
- RTA Goroo Trip Planner (CTA, Metra, and Pace buses and trains) that include driving, biking, and walking directions.)
- METRA TRAIN > click here for Metra map <
- CARPOOL Share Ga$/Parking and make new friends. In the comment section below, post your starting point and if driver or passenger. Drivers post how many you can take. Then contact one another to work out the details.
- PARKING www.spothero.com
WAIVER OF LIABILITY Bucket List Group, it's organizers, assistant organizers, and event organizers /hosts cannot be held responsible for any accident, injuries or personal property losses sustained leading up to, during, or after an event. If you sign up and attend this event, you are acknowledging that you freely and voluntarily assume all risks and damages and agree to participate in this event. When you join this event, you understand that we do not have leaders, tour guides, instructors, or experts. To describe and post an event does not constitute nor should it convey any guarantee of safety nor the assumption of liability. To organize is to assemble details, disseminate information, and provide a bit of cohesion to an event by being the single point of contact for the participants. We do not provide any service nor do we tell you what to do. If you choose to ignore suggestions and recommendations posted you are well within your rights to do so.
See all upcoming Bucket List Adventure Meetups →