⛔ MOBILE APP USER, press MORE INFO ▶️ Scroll down to HOW TO JOIN US ▶️
The only thing better than biking, is biking with friends and potential new friends! Let's Go Biking - North Branch Trail to the Chicago Botanical Gardens (8-18 miles round-trip).
We'll meet Harms Woods (Grove 5 & 6) at 11:30 am and hit the North Branch Trail at noon. The planned route is paved, relatively flat with a few easy rolling hills, and incredibly scenic; winding its way along the Skokie Lagoons. It is just under 9 miles to the Botanical Gardens making for an 18 mile round trip ride. If you'd like a shorter ride, plan on meeting up with us at the Tower Road Boat Launch at 12:30. From there it's a 4 mile ride to the Botanical Gardens making for an 8 mile round trip ride. Either way, we'll reach the Botanical Gardens around 1:00 and settle in for lunch on the patio at the Garden View Cafe. Once our stomachs are full, our thirsts are quenched, and we've had a chance to socialize; we'll stroll the gardens before our return ride back.
COST - Meetup RSVP Fee $1.00
HOW TO JOIN US
✅ RSVP YES - make sure to include all guests.
✅ PAY the meetup group maintenance fee
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
Please follow the instructions below for making payment (if payment by smartphone doesn't work, please try your computer).
1. Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
2. Enter the number of guests coming and click "Finish RSVP"
3. Click "Pay Now" at the top of the event posting near the ticket price per person
4. Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
5. If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
6. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
✅ SHOW UP -We'll meet Harms Woods (Grove 5 & 6) at 11:30 am and hit the North Branch Trail at noon.
LOOK for Ed and Mary
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
• BRING: your bike, water, sunscreen, cash for your lunch.
• Check & dress for the weather
• Keep your RSVP to this event, up-to-date.
• ALWAYS check this page a couple hours before the event for any important changes or updates.
THE PLAN aka ITINERARY
• 11:30 am - 12:00 pm Meet-up at Harms Woods, Grove 5 & 6
5600 Old Orchard Rd Skokie IL 60077
• 12:00 pm SHARP - We'll leave for the Chicago Botanical Gardens
• 12:30 pm - If you'd prefer a shorter ride, be at the Tower Road Boat Launch parking area at 12:30. The group riding from Harms Woods will make a brief stop here to pick up any joining us here.
• 1:00 - Lunch at the Garden View Cafe - lunch_menu.pdf
• 2:30-4:00 pm - Walk the gardens
• 4:30/5:00 pm - Ride back to the Tower Road Boat Launch or Harms Woods
CARPOOL Share Ga$/Parking and make new friends. In the comment section below, post your starting point and if driver or passenger. Drivers - post how many you can take. Then contact one another to work out the details.
QUESTION ? > CLICK HERE TO CONTACT Ed & Mary DIRECTLY
WAIVER OF LIABILITY Bucket List Group, it's organizers, asssistant organizers, and event organizers /hosts cannot be held responsible for any accident, injuries or personal property losses sustained leading up to, during, or after an event. If you sign up and attend this event, you are acknowledging that you freely and voluntarily assume all risks and damages and agree to participate in this event. When you join this event, you understand that we do not have leaders, tour guides, instructors, or experts. To describe and post an event does not constitute nor should it convey any guarantee of safety nor the assumption of liability. To organize is to assemble details, disseminate information, and provide a bit of cohesion to an event by being the single point of contact for the participants. We do not provide any service nor do we tell you what to do. If you choose to ignore suggestions and recommendations posted you are well within your rights to do so.
Join us for a great time!