addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › CCMG Non-for-Profit Status Change Status

CCMG Non-for-Profit Status Change Status

A former member
CCMG is dissolving it's Non-for-Profit Status

Anyone who wants to protest this needs to post there protest on this thread within (5) days of this posting.

This action does NOT effect meetings etc.
It is just a change in CCMG legal status.
You way also post any questions you may have.

Again I need to hear from you within (5) days and in this thread, please do NOT send me personal e-mails pertaining to this matter.

Thanks
Raven-
Vittorio
user 3929525
Chicago, IL
Post #: 21
Dear Raven,

May I ask simply why this change?

Thanks,
Vittorio
A former member
Post #: 228
Sure, CCMG is dissolving its non-for-profit status for the following reasons:

1) It is not doing any non-for-profit work.

2) CCMG lost money and it costs money to do the taxes for a non-for-profit club.

3) To maintain non-for-profit status would simply cost Jae additional expenses.

4) It has been seen that CMCG is a casual chess club no more and no less. The dissolving of non-for-profit status is intended to simplify things and make CCMG easier for Jae and or future organizers to run CCMG.
Vittorio
user 3929525
Chicago, IL
Post #: 22
Thanks.
That's too bad, hobbies should be no profit, only fun. But I understand that covering the costs is important.

Vittorio