Chicago Chess Message Board › Hey All another tournament!

Hey All another tournament!

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 57
Hello Chessplayers,

As part of our desire to promote not only this meetup group, but all chess events that we can find locally, I'm posting the details for the following event. If I have the time, I'd love to go and participate.

The Evanston Chess Club Economy G/40. Levy Activity Center, 300 Dodge Avenue, Evanston, IL. 4 round SS, G/40. Registration: 9:00-9:15 a.m. Rounds: first round 9:30 a.m., rest asap. Entry Fee: $5.00. Your Prize: Four games of quality rated chess in a congenial atmosphere for $5! Entries: send your name, USCF number, rating and phone number to enter@evanstonchess.org by September 23, 2007, then bring cash to the tournament. Or mail a check to Evanston Chess c/o Maret Thorpe, 1735 Wesley, Evanston, IL 60201. On-site: go to www.EvanstonChess.org to see if space is available; register at the tournament by 9:15 a.m. Other: All on-site payments for entries or USCF memberships are cash only. We cannot guarantee space for on-site entrants. Please bring clocks and sets. Skittles area will be available. Players under age 14 must be accompanied by a parent. More information: www.EvanstonChess.org

Here's the information about the venue:
Levy Activity Center Map
Locust and Elm Rooms
300 Dodge Avenue, Evanston