Chicago Chess Message Board › New Event: wait, wait -- meetup!?

New Event: wait, wait -- meetup!?

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new event for The Chicago Chess Meetup Group (CCMG)!

What: wait, wait -- meetup!?

When: Friday, November 23, 7:00 PM

Event fee: USD2.00 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Hello all, I know I posted that we won't be having a meetup this week, but since I got word from Albert who has an in with IM Angelo Young at the Touch Move Chess Club. I thought that this would be a good thing for us to do.

In the interest of promoting chess, IM Young has graciously offered to charge us only $2/player for the three hours that we usually have a meetup event. What's nice about playing at this club is that there are a number of very good players who frequent this place, it is also a good place to go if you're interested in finding out what's going on in the chess scene in Chicago. There are sets and boards there, and I won't feel bad at all if any meetup guys decide to start to frequent the Touch Move Club.

There will be a Blitz tournament going on about that time, but it's a casual one and as long as we don't directly kibbitz any tournament games there won't be any problems. In the future we will continue to try and have some of our meetups at this club, I think that this would be a good experience for all.

Learn more here:
http://chess.meetup.c...­