addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › Illinois Class Championships -- What happened!?

Illinois Class Championships -- What happened!?

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 79
Hey all,

I seem to start posting these long messages when I have to get going, so I'll start now and finish later.

7 people from Meetup participated at this years Class Championships. We found each other and staked out a table in the skittles area. Besides the players there were also two others from Meetup who came by to offer us support!

Fabian stopped by and saw us, I think that he had loads of fun as he used to be heavily involved in organizing these tournaments. He had a chance to meet people he hadn't seen in a while.
Chuck came by with his wife, and true to his word, he gave me telepathic support during my game.

Results:

So how did we do? Well not too badly overall, here are our results.

Out of four games

Ken Windmon 2-2 (Not bad, since this was his first tournament!)

Charles Whipple 3.5-0.5 (he took clear 3rd place in the DEFU section)

Jae Lim 4-0 (hey that's me -- oh yeah, I shared first place with the only other 4-0 player in the DEFU section.)

Dr. Mark Coleman 3-1 (Mark Shared 3rd place in the C section with two other players)

Felix Wong 2.5-1.5 (Felix lost only to the player who came in first in the C section, this was also his first tournament in a number of years.)

I am still looking for the results for the two others and will post them here. I may also post some games (at least mine -- others if they give them to me) here for our perusal.

Thanks yo all for your support.