addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › Check out one of the premier chess venues in Chicago!

Check out one of the premier chess venues in Chicago!

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 80
Hey all, I got an email from IM Angelo Young regarding his Chess club. We had a Meetup there last week, but I wanted to share this information with you as Angelo is offering something really cool for us. While I want to have some of our Meetup events there in the future, I think that if you're in the neighborhood, the Touch Move Chess Club is a great place to visit.

+++

Hi!

I would like to invite the chess meet -up group to join and play at the Touch Move Chess Center Located: 5639 N. Ashland ave. Chicago.

Just pay the visitors fee of $2 ( special only for the meet -up group) and mention your from the meet-up group you will recieve a special accomodation ,free play all you can until we close , free snacks and drinks tea,coffee and Hot chocolate.

Here is our web site:http://www.tmchesscen...­

See you there!

IM Young
Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 81
Just an FYI...

I.M. Young is offering meetup members basically a cheap alternative to being a full member. Some of the things he is offering to us are included for the regular subscribing membership. I believe that they charge the membership on a 1/2 year or full year term ($80/6 months and $140/year.)

I have not been very deep in the chess community in Chicago, but I've seen my share of chess clubs and centers come and go. Mostly they go because of lack of interest. It would be a great shame for those of us who really love to play chess to let another chess venue disappear because we didn't know about it or because of lack of interest. I hope that even though we come to the chess meetup every week, that we might take some time out to visit the touch move chess center and at least take advantage of the great deal IM Young is offering.

For those of us interested in improving, a membership at the TMCC is well worth it as you not only get to pick the brain of an internationally rated player, but they have regular events geared to help people get better, lectures & lessons are presented for members every week for a cost much less than getting a private chess coach.
A former member
Post #: 2
I went to the TM Center last Saturday and had many good games and got some tips. It is a very comfortable, chess-friendly space!
A former member
Post #: 1
Is this offer still standing? I would love to visit the TMCC and play in a few games, and maybe even get a few tips! Please let me know. Thank you. :)

Dante V S
-Good Luck and Good Chess-