align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › New Meeting: 10 players 9 rounds -- you come for round 4!

New Meeting: 10 players 9 rounds -- you come for round 4!

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new meeting for The Chicago Chess Meetup Group (CCMG)!

What: 10 players 9 rounds -- you come for round 4!

When: Tuesday, February 19, 6:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: Anyone who is interested in chess. It's not every day that you get to watch games of this caliber being played live.

Meeting Description: Hello again,

Here's the scoop. These FIDE invitationals are being scheduled to take place once a month. They are a way for local Masters to take advantage of strong competition to increase their international ratings (FIDE) and seek to earn "norms" toward their titles. If this means nothing to you, you can at least know that this is a place where you can see some top flight chess, live and not just in the pages of a chess magazine.

Last month we saw IM Ben Finegold mow through the competition with some very impressive wins and Dr. Turgut earning his first IM Norm. I expect that this month's tournament would be just as exciting if not more. With three IM's, four FM's and three untitled but very talented players, I expect this tournament to work out very well.

Seeya there,

Jae

P.S. i'm not collecting a Meetup Fee, but if you do want to give me a dollar, it will be promptly donated to the Touch Move Chess Center, where I'd want to have the next meetup.

Learn more here:
http://chess.meetup.c...­