Chicago Chess Message Board › An unexpected picture!

An unexpected picture!

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 107
Hello all,

I'm very sorry for not being able to schedule meetups for the past three weeks. Things have been getting very hectic as work has me running around farther afield that I usually am responsible for. Since one of my co-workers quit, I am also responsible for clients on the north shore and I'm finding that many of my clients there are scheduling for Tuesday late in the afternoon making it very hard to get back to the city before 6.

But I want to soldier on. Mark who lives near the Mercury will try and be there most Tuesdays, whether there is a meetup or not and I will redouble my efforts to be there as well. Also if there are people who would like to continue to meet on Thursdays, you are welcome to come by and use the sets we leave at the Mercury. I'll even give you Asst. Organizer status so you can schedule meetups.

But on to the subject of the discussion! I've recently ran across a picture of the tandem simul event in which I took part a few months ago. It was supposed to be A Simul with GM Anatoly Karpov the former world champion, but ended up being a tandem simul against GM Susan Polgar, GM Alexander Onishuk and GM Yuri Shulman. Here's a link to the article which is an interview with Onishuk and Shulman (Shulman by the way will be playing for the Chicago Blaze, the new US Chess League team.)

That first picture is from the simul and guess who's across from Alexander Onishuk, thinking hard to keep the game even and interesting! I'll include the picture here for those of you not willing to click over to the USCF Site.

P.S. that's me if you're wondering!