addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › SAVE FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROGRAMS IN SCHOOLS...RALLY (5/25)

SAVE FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROGRAMS IN SCHOOLS...RALLY (5/25)

A former member
Post #: 303
Help teachers, kids, and the Chicagoland community. Tell your friends, spread the word...

Chicago Public Schools faces budget cuts which will eliminate the World Language Program and other programs from Public schools. Chess programs are threatened. Class sizes would increase to 37 students for each teacher.

Make your voice heard!! Come and support concerned citizens.

RALLY ON TUESDAY, MAY 25TH 4 - 6pm
BOARD OF EDUCATION HQ, 125 S CLARK ST

Learning a Foreign Language is extremely important in a global economy. It's increases cognitive ability and analytrical skills. Countries all around the world teach foreign languages from elementary school on up.

I got scholarships because of my ability to speak foreign languages. That changed my life. Let's help other under-privelaged children change their lives for the better. Friends of mine who grew up in various countries in Africa (much poorer countries than ours) learned foreign languages in elemantary school and are now multilingual. If America is so rich, why is the education so poor?