addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Dads Group Message Board › Mobile Apps For Techy Stay At Home Dads

Mobile Apps For Techy Stay At Home Dads

A former member
Post #: 11
BabyConnect [Website] [MobileApp]
OurGroceries [Website] [MobileApp]

Wanted to share some cool apps that my wife and I use to share information in the [cloud].

The OurGroceries App allows us to use the same Grocery list. When one of us adds/deletes an item from the grocery list on our phone, the other person will see the updated grocery list.

The BabyConnect is an awesome tool. My wife can see many important activities that go throughout the day/week/months as our son grows and develops. Micromanagement? Yeah. It can be. However, the great benefit that I find from the app is the data. I'm able to go back and view the length/frequency of the naps, #of successful/failed feedings, dirty diapers, baby's temperature, administering Vitamin D, and so much more. At times, the day can be hectic that sometimes I forget when my son had a nap, fed, or had his last dirty diaper. I can simply go back and check that information with the App. Sharing that data also allows us to red flag concerns and effectively communicate our concerns with the family doctor.

Feel free to share some of your Mobile Apps that I should check out.

A former member
Post #: 1
Good apps. I use GroceryIQ and iBaby that seem to do pretty much the same thing.
A former member
Post #: 12
I like that GroceryIQ. Will definitely download the app.

The iBaby [Link] looks to be a video monitoring app with some #SuperCool features.

The BabyConnect [Link] focuses more on tracking daily baby information: feeding, diapers, sleep, mood, activities, medicines, photos, etc.

App To Supplement 2nd Language Learning:

Also, want to share a FlashCard App [Link] that connects with the FlashCardExhange [Link] site. I'm teaching my, currently 10 month olds, son Polish and Spanish, so I'm uploading pictures and adding captions onto flash cards that I can take with me on my phone or my iPad. My wife speaks fluent Polish, so the Flash card will help me improve on the language as well. Aside from supplementing the 2nd/3rd language, I can use the App for other studies.