July 23, 2013 · 5:30 PM
Now that the Summer ’13 release has been out for a few weeks, it is a great time to discuss the new features. We will be reviewing many of the new features that are developer focused or may affect your everyday Force.com work. Some of the features that will be discussed are:
• Developer Console UI - The developer console has many new updates to making it easier to develop in and more intuitive to navigate.
• Force.com Canvas - Force.com Canvas has several new updates including the ability to put multiple canvas apps on a Visualforce page and have them communicate using events.
• Chatter in Apex - The Chatter API objects are now available in Apex with new classes and methods.
• Sandbox, Change Sets and Deployments - There are many changes to change sets and deployments around approval processes, publisher actions, and user references. Sandbox orgs now have templates and a new UI that will provide more control to your sandbox.
• Communities - Communities the replacement for Customer & Partner Portal and really is the one of the key tenants of Salesforce’s Customer Company vision. We will discuss some of the big improvements in that Communities have over the existing portals that are in Summer ’13.
Since the release has been available, we can discuss likes and dislikes on the topics above as well as any tips and tricks that people may have.
About Ahead: http://www.thinkahead.com/
AHEAD enables your company to consume technology in the most efficient and productive ways. We develop solutions by understanding your business and how technology enhances everything you do. By working closely with you to understand your organization, we are able to recommend solutions that meet your current needs while anticipating what the future will bring.