* Deriving the architecture for a 3-tier web application.
* Enterprise application design patterns - 3-tier and MVC.
* How to create a WSDL web service to provide access to a service.
* How to create a WSDL web client to access the weather report over the Internet.
* Implementing a REST service.
* Scaling a single application to a distributed enterprise-level system.
About Brett Lindsley:
Brett Lindsley is currently a Senior Architect with STA Group. Brett is also a CJUG Board member. His current STA position develops software for the insurance industry. Brett's previous position was with Motorola in the Applied Research Center. At Motorola, Brett developed advanced products for over 25 years. During this time, Brett has produced 24 issued patents in technologies ranging from digital signal processing, IC design and video systems. Brett has four software certifications - SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD and SCMA. Brett enjoys system and application development, and all things Java. Brett has BS/MS degees from North Dakota State university in Electrical/Computer Engineering.