Come do more than listen at CJUG's first maker event! Here is the format for this event:
May 16 - Open the meetup. Provide a Trello Board to start capturing ideas. https://trello.com/makertrackembedded getting added to the board is a manual process. Please email me [masked] if you are not added by EOD following signup.
June 2 - Close Trello Board and create cards for each attendee to vote on top projects.
June 5 (event date) - Top 3 projects get 10 mins to pitch their ideas to the group. Hacking begins afterwards.
The theme for the night is Embedded Java. This can mean Lego Mindstorms, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc. Please participate on the Trello Boards with ideas and available hardware (CJUG will not be providing hardware). We'll decide on projects then come June 5th with your sleeves rolled up and prepared to write some code with your fellow Chicago embedded enthusiasts!
1) Respect your fellow hackers.
2) Nobody "owns" the ideas or code created during the hack night.
3) Everyone brings their own equipment. (laptops and other items) Wifi and food will be provided.
4) No Recruiters. This event is about building stuff so all participants should be ready to roll up their sleeves.
5) Conflict resolution should first be resolved within the teams. If an impasse is reached a CJUG Mentor will be on-hand to mediate. Worse case new groups can be created via forking.
6) You must signup for the event to participate. Limited space is available.