The Chicago Jazz Meetup Group Message Board › Call for Assistant and Event Organizers

Call for Assistant and Event Organizers

Pierre
user 7853727
Group Organizer
Elmwood Park, IL
Hi Folks,
Our group is only as strong as our membership. As you know we have (as of today) 618 members with varying tastes in jazz music and spread out over the metro Chicago area. It is difficult for one or two people to provide enough meetups to serve all of the needs of our group.

I would like to have one or two more assistant or event organizers to help plan and host meetups. It's no secret that in the last year we've had a few leadership changes. Those days are behind us and I would like to go forward with a strong and active group but I can't do it alone.

If you are interested in making a contribution to this group by becoming an assistant or event organizer please contact me through the "Contact Us" link on our site. Depending on the interest level I hope to add at least one new assistant organizer and a couple of event organizers. For your convenience here are rough descriptions of what each role entails:

Assistant Organizer - Assist the Organizer in overall management of the Chicago Jazz Meetup including responding to email requests for information, welcoming new members, website monitoring and some maintenance, working with the organizer in coordinating our meetup calendar and planning and hosting at least one meetup per quarter.

Event Organizer - Working with the Organizer and Assistant Organizer(s) coordinate, plan and host at least one meetup per quarter. No group or website management responsibilities.

Please help this group remain strong. Thank you.

Pierre Priestley
Organizer
marn
fleur-de-lis
Evanston, IL
Post #: 6
I would be interested in being an event organizer.
Jim P Z
JimPZ
Glen Ellyn, IL
Post #: 50
I would love to organize and host some events, specifically Big Band Jazz events in the suburbs. I'm an Organizer or Assistant Organizer with other Meetup groups.