December 18, 2012 · 6:00 PM
tl;dr: The next QS Chicago meetup is on Dec 18th, 6pm, at 1871, and you should come. If you've been tracking anything whatsoever this year, you should present.
Our next meetup is fast approaching! Full details are below:
- Where: 1871 in the Merchandise Mart (12th floor; West Side), Starter League Design Classroom (to the right when you first walk in). If you have problems when entering, call me at[masked]-4447.
- When: Tuesday, December 18th, from 6pm-8pm.
- Theme: What we learned in 2012 and looking ahead to what we'll track in 2013.
- Presenting: You are all invited. We need presenters though so PLEASE email me if you have anything at all you're willing to share.
- Cost: Free! And there will be snacks and drinks...
- After "party": We plan on going to Gilt Bar afterwards for some more casual conversation.
It's been a while since we've had a meetup here in Chicago, so Mark and I are doing everything we can to have a dynamic evening. We've spoken with organizers in Boston, NY, and San Francisco and we've received the same piece of advice over and over again - the quality of the meetups is highly dependent on the willingness of members to present.
As such, we are offering your choice of thank-you's, high-fives, and even hugs if you're willing to share your own experiments with the group. Even the most basic tracking stories are worthwhile; in fact they're often the most powerful as everyone can relate. So please, please, please volunteer.
Finally, thank you to all that reached out - Mark and I were pleasantly surprised by the response rate and have already made a lot of new friends. If last week was any indication, the QS Chicago group has a pretty bright future.
If you have questions or comments, just reply to this email.
See you soon,