Chicago Quantified Self Message Board › Need a couple more participants...
Iota-Partners is looking for sensor-savvy participants in the Chicago area to take part in a 2- to 3-week study on the nature of personal computing ecosystems. The study is slated to start at the end of November / early December.
The central theme of this study is to understand and describe the composition, uses, nature and constraints of personal computing.
We’ll be looking to uncover descriptions of:
--attitudes and motivations about personal computing
--what is used, why, for what, how, where and when
--what media and services are consumed
--how people connect to one another
Compensation for full participation in the study is $400.
Full participation in the study includes the following:
1. Participate in a 2-hour in-home interview to learn more about all the parts and pieces of your personal computing ecosystem, where you use it, what accessories you use and how that ecosystem has changed over time.
2. Carry a kit of "sensors" that will help us understand:
a. All the places where you go
b. What parts of your personal computing ecosystem go with you
c. How parts of your personal computing system move around in and out of your home
d. When other objects and devices are used in conjunction with laptops, smart phones and tablet PCs (if you have one)
NOTE: Some of the sensors you will carry, other sensors will be placed on computing devices and places in your home where you use those devices.
3. Run temporary computer applications that would help us understand what you're doing, on what computing devices and with what accessories.
4. Do approximately 1.5 - 2 hours per week of self-reporting exercises (documenting particular activities via an online/mobile “journal” application, answering questions that are texted to you, etc.)
5. Do a 1.5-hour final interview, if needed by the research team.
If you are interested in being a study participant, please complete this brief “pre-screening” survey by clicking on this link:
Senior Researcher, Iota-Partners