addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago R User Group (Chicago RUG) Data and Statistics Message Board › Applying Self-Organizing Map for Time Series Prediction

Applying Self-Organizing Map for Time Series Prediction

Brian
user 109420542
Canberra, AU
Post #: 2
I have recently started to study R and I have got a few questions for Self-Organizing Map for Time Series Prediction.

It will be really helpful for my study if anyone can give me some advices for the applications of SOM for TSP.

1. What are the most considerable features/factors when I use the SOM for TSP?
2. What are the major advantages of applying the SOM to TSP compared to other TSP models?
3. Are there any useful articles or materials for applying SOM to TSP?
4. I am using R (statistical computing software) for the data analysis for SOM to TSP. However, I am quite struggling to get it done since there is no information about SOM to TSP in R. I wonder if anyone has got sample source codes that I can refer to my study.
Paul T.
user 11836216
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
Brian:

You are welcome to post questions here. However, you probably won't receive a useful answer. Very few people follow these pages. I suggest that you post your question to the R Help mailing list instead: https://stat.ethz.ch/...­

If you want an answer to your question, you must read and follow the instructions in the Posting Guide for the mailing list!

Paul