ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Vegetarian Restaurants in Chicagoland

Vegetarian Restaurants in Chicagoland

Alicia T.
user 14526781
Grapevine, TX
Post #: 2
I'm new to the city and I'm looking for a place to get Vegan donuts or pastry in the suburbs. The only place I've found is in the city but I don't remember the name of the place but it's not the Chicago Diner.

Thanks for any direction to a mouth watery pastry and a cup of coffee. :-)
Frank S.
Frankster200277
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 15
Ground Control (3315 West Armitage Avenue) is another vegan restaurant in Chicago that just opened today. Hours are Sun.-Sat. 4 P.M.-11 P.M.
Deepti
user 68655622
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
In the western Suburbs, Maggianos Oak Brook can make you a perfect Vegan or vegetarian meal.
Chai Yo Thai westechester,
Banjorang Westchester,
Shree Restaurant(Vegetarian) Westmont,
Taste Downers Grove.
Viceroy of India, Lombard
Desi Chillie Westmont
India House Hoffman Estate
Bombay Chopstick Hoffman Estate,
Bamboo Garden Aurora,
India Garden Westmont,
Most of them are Thai and Indian and they are not Vegan-Vegetarian but they are very friendly to Vegans and Vegetarians.
I know there are a lot of them in Naperville area but they are slipping my mind. I do not go too far west for food these days. Now that I have this forum I will keep posting the names!

Ken M.
kengmick
Chicago, IL
Post #: 11
Addition for Burbs:
my friend Brandi says this is her "fave restaurant hands down":
Expressly Leslie Vegetarian Specialties
http://www.facebook.c...­
110 S. Johnson St., Woodstock, Illinois 60098
(815) 338-2833
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 417
Thank you. I updated the list.
Cynthia
user 5462919
Chicago, IL
Post #: 5
Wow thank you so much for posting this! Started my plant based lifestyle last June and have been looking for new places to go and take friends when they want to go out for a meal. Look forward to making this list a culinary adventure.smile
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 429
Thank you everyone for contributing to the restaurant list.
The list is moved to a separate page: ChicagoVeg.org/pages/Vegan_and_Vegetarian_Restaurants­ but please continue to add/correct/comment through this message thread.
Jennifer
user 91109432
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Handlebar - 2311 W. North Ave., Chicago serves vegetarian food (I don't see any meat on their menu at all) and they have a ton of vegan options. My husband and I love their vegan biscuits & gravy and their vegan french toast!
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 436
I am not sure if cat fish or tuna can be qualified as "meat" or not, but it does not qualify being vegetarian.
Jennifer
user 91109432
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I see that on the menu now, thanks for pointing that out :)