This is a continuation of the very successful events from the past four summers.
Feel free to come either for potluck or volleyball or both!
LOCATION: Montrose Beach on Lake Michigan (PLEASE see the map above) We will meet at a grass area south of the boathouse - located on the east side N. Simmons Drive, between Wilson and Montrose.
- See the picture above or a better picture here
- Look for the "ChicagoVeg" sign
- Mike will be wearing a white "Doo Rag" with black trim
- 12PM / Noon - We will start our potluck (If you will not arrive till then, that is fine, but let us know when RSVP) There is no guaranty that we will not start sampling before!
- about 1PM - Volleyball, frisbee, etc...
- Driving: There is a lot of parking by Montrose Beach, however some of the closer parking may fill up quickly, which is one of the reasons to arrive before noon :)
- Public transportation: Several CTA buses stop at Montrose Beach, although it may be a bit of a walk to the picnic (<1mile). For more info: tripsweb.rtachicago.com
- Bike: Riding your bike is a good option. Remember, you can usually bring bikes on Chicagoland public transportation.
WHAT WE WILL SUPPLY:
- Volleyball, net
- Aerobies (like Frisbees, but better)
- A couple of large plastic tarps
- Drinking water, ice
- Some extra paper plates, plastic cups, plastic "silverware", paper towels
WHAT TO BRING:
- A beverage to drink/dish to share - Please follow our potluck rules: Potluck Rules
- Although we will supply them, we encourage you to bring your own plates/bowl/utensils/drinking cup (to be more eco-friendly)
- The expectation to have a great time!
- Please check what other people will bring and specify what dish you plan to bring as you RSVP so all of us won't bring a potato salad!
- Please use "Comments" area in the bottom of the event page to offer/ask rides and post any questions or comments.
- For last minute issues (e.g. you can not find us) you can try to call Mike at[masked]-0384.
- This is an outside event and subject to weather conditions. We will post any changes to our website and will send an email but if you are not clear if the event is "on", contact Mike