Join us for a retreat & festivities at Wedrose Acres!
Wedrose Acres is a non-profit animal sanctuary for domestic, farm & exotic animals, providing a wetland environment to protect native flora and fauna & promote prevention of cruelty to animals. This event will start at noon on Saturday and will end at noon on Sunday. You may choose to come just for one day or campout (at no charge) overnight. You will have the opportunity to visit with the animals, relax on the beautiful property, enjoy free vegan food & participate in a bunch of fun activities!
- The day will begin with your arrival at Wedrose Acres at 12:00 pm (please plan accordingly as it's about 2 hours from Chicago). Please use this discussion board for carpooling arrangements.
- Upon arrival, you should check-in and we will spend time visiting with the animals, enjoying the space and socializing. We will serve a light complimentary vegan supper at about 2:30pm. Yes, it will be free!
- After the vegan buffet we will have live music by Robinlee Garber, Zach & Lisa Gee; Craft demonstrations including hemp jewelry & Tie dye (Yes, we can help you Tie dye any item you wish!); Body painting & other fun activities of the 60s & 70s era.
- At about 7pm we will serve some complimentary vegan refreshments and snacks. You are free to bring your own food as long as it's vegan. We will have a bonfire, singalongs, and Retro movies outside on a big screen. "Retro 60s & 70s" is the theme for this event & you are welcome to dress accordingly to add to the fun but it's completely optional.
- In the morning (8 to 9am) you will be offered a complimentary light vegan breakfast. Then there will be more socializing and visiting with animals and departure. The event will end on Sunday at noon.
The event is completely FREE (including the vegan food that we will provide) as we wish to bring as many people as possible to experience the wonders, serenity & connectedness with the rescued animals at Wedrose Acres. However, we also would like to bring in donations to directly help the animals at Wedrose Acres. Please consider generously donating as you feel so led to support the sanctuary. 100% of all donations and sales at the event will go to benefit Wedrose Acres. This will be a great opportunity to enjoy your time with lovingly treated animals, socialize with like-minded people, and support Wedrose Acres at the same time.
Please feel free to invite your friends and family but keep the correct number of guests for your RSVP which is required so we can plan appropriately for food. For the same reason please mention on your RSVP if you plan to stay overnight or plan to come just for Saturday.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you at this event!
Please use Comments area in the bottom of the event page if any questions or comments. To arrange car-pooling, please use the message board thread at ChicagoVeg.org/messages/boards/thread/[masked]