ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Vegetarian Restaurants in Chicagoland

Vegetarian Restaurants in Chicagoland

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 310
Vegetarian Restaurants in the Chicago area -

NOTE: “The Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurants” list is now at:
ChicagoVeg.org/pages/Vegan_and_Vegetarian_Restaurants­

Please continue to add/correct/comment through this message thread. Thank you.

Kimberly
purrgirl
Chicago, IL
Post #: 166
Sistah's Vegan Restaurant is a newish small place on the Southside in the Beverly Neighborhood. The menu is small but the food is all vegan. They don't appear to have website but you can peak at the menu on the yelp pics.

http://www.yelp.com/b...­
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 358
I use HappyCow all the time when I travel. The tip is to always call the place before you go there since the info might be outdated.
Actually ChicagoVeg has a presence on HappyCow: www.happycow.net/groups/chicagoveg­
Cara
user 9473805
Chicago, IL
Post #: 287
One correction: Cousin's on Irving is CLOSED.

See YELP for further details especially if you pre-paid for any of their liveboxes. confused

http://www.yelp.com/b...­
Kimberly
purrgirl
Chicago, IL
Post #: 201
Thanks Cara! Wow, those are some comments on Yelp!
This doesn't surprise me actually. When that restaurant opened, he did not pay alot of his employees for weeks because he couldn't afford it and some of them filed claims against him. So this isn't a new thing unfortunatley. Sad to see it happened again and things did not improve for him. Probably better to be closed if he can't afford to keep it running anyhow.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 359
Thank you, Cara. I removed Cousin's Incredible Vitality from the list.
Ken M.
kengmick
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Hi Vadim, RAW in the French Market at 131 N Clinton, (312) 831-2729 prepares some of the best raw vegan food I've ever tasted, http://chicagorawfood...­. I believe they're opening a second location on Huron St. Please include RAW in your above listing. Thank you.
♥Rain
MsTruth
Chicago, IL
Post #: 124
I absolutely love CHICAGO RAW in the French Market. I went there for lunch on Wednesday and I was highly impressed by the quality of their food.... I think we should have a meetup there to help support this wonderful new restaurant and expose others to this hidden gem...

I ordered so much food lol. There raw ravioli and spaghetti was the best. I also had their raw tiramisu....
Also if you orderer more than $20 dollars worth of food you can park for free in the adjacent building self park lot....

Who wants to go?? I am ready!!!

Rain
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 399
Thank you Ken and Rain. I added RAW on the list.
carla h.
user 22820091
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
In The Raw in Highland Park

raw and vegan , fabulous

as are most all listed : )