Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 319
When I saw the invite I thought that it was to put together a veggie group float for the Gay Pride parade.

I bet that it's not only you who may think this way, Tami. I am glad that now you know the true meaning of the event and will be able to help spreading it.
Frank S.
Frankster200277
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Could we somehow link this parade to ChicagoVeganMania!? Maybe the parade can actually END at the venue for CVM so watchers/particpaters of the parade can go to the celebration right afterward.

-Frank
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 321
Could we somehow link this parade to ChicagoVeganMania!?

It's great idea to discusses at our Jan 28 meetup. Please bring this and any other ideas you may have to the meeting.
Frank S.
Frankster200277
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Okay thank you. I would also have to address this to anyone who is on the board for CVM. (Marla or John Beske)
A former member
Post #: 4
Elaborating on my previous post --
Here is an example of a "Veg Week" https://www.facebook....­. There are lots more. I think Chicago definitely needs a Veg Week or Month to incorporate these great ideas inclusive of the Veggie Parade. Great opportunities for a Dining Out Week to highlight some of the cities great Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants too.

Getting city official buy in or a declared "Vegetarian Day" or something would be a huge boost to these events too. Heck they have Black History Month, American Heart Month, etc etc. Here is a list of National observances for all our health issues: http://healthfinder.g...­. We need a Prevention Month to counter all these illnesses! I have seen "World Vegetarian Days" etc. But does Chicago have anything? It would be great to get something National so we can all coordinate and elevate the awareness and get good media coverage.

Have fun planning guys! Wish I could help, but I need to find a job first. Hope to meet more of you soon smile
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 323
It's a very good idea, Mary Ann, and I hope we will have it one day. At this point I'd like us to focus on the best execution of Veggie Pride Parade as I believe that it's better to have one implemented idea that ten just ideas. At the same time I definitely would like us to keep all these good ideas on the radar for the future projects. Maybe we can start a special discussion thread "Ideas to promote veg*n life-style" or something. Feel free to do it. And, by the way, I also need to find a job too. wink
Paul R.
user 25093732
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
Lots of smart people here with great comments and I understand your stance Vadim as well as everyone else. I just wanted to say "celebration" instantly struck a chord with me, it's tremendously positive and fun. "Veggie" does have the wimp factor to it and in the minds of bloodthirsty cannibals the wimp factor doesn't help any but what other word?

By the way, how did the video turn out?

Need a job? While it doesn't pay much, cab driving is almost always available and now with a GPS, you only need to know how to use the peddle on the right and duck really fast when you hear a firecracker.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 346
Thank you for your support Paul!

Video turned out great. Thank you for taking your time to attend the shooting. Please expect to be featured in the video! :)

We will finalize it during this Sunday planning committees meetings and then will publish it shortly!