ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Cooking Classes or Demos

Cooking Classes or Demos

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 341
I am looking for more info about any Vegan/Vegetarian classes/demos in the city or suburbs (either free or with a cost). I know that Native Foods occasionally offers free demos. And I know Wholefood Wellness Club offers Vegan classes for a charge. Does anyone knows any other places?
Alan
user 10289894
Chicago, IL
Post #: 17
Science of Spirituality (the VeggieFest host/sponsor) has (had?) free cooking classes on the second Saturday of the month. They are lacto-vegetarian, but they understand about vegans. Very hard to find the cooking classes on their web site, suggest sign up for free e-newsletter at: SOS newsletter. The last newsletter had the class Feb 11th at 1-2:30 PM. They are on Naperville road in Naperville, south of Danada, in sight of Bell Labs and north of I88; use Naperville exit and go north ~1/2 mile.
They seem very active, but I have no sense that they are pushy or preachy on the religious part (their main mission) of what they do.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 343
Thank you, Alan. I completely forgot about them. Anyone else knows of any other places?