addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Free Gluten-Free Class and Veg Indian Cooking Demo at Hinsdale Whole Foods t

Free Gluten-Free Class and Veg Indian Cooking Demo at Hinsdale Whole Foods this Saturday March 24

Kimberly
purrgirl
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 180
The Whole Foods in Hinsdale will be having a few free events this coming Saturday that may be of interest to some of you esp. if you live in the West burbs (or near there).smile

See the below on the WF Hinsdale website and for address: http://wholefoodsmark...­

Saturday, March 24th

Gluten-Free Awareness

9 - 10 pm FREE

In the Lifestyle Center

Learn how and why gluten affects the body and the many symptoms of poor health associated with being gluten intolerant. Join Dr. Anthony Surrusco, of the Foundation for Wellness Professionals, for an informative class. Information on the improved testing procedures will also be shared.

To register for this class, go to www.clarendonchiro.com/dranthonysurrusco­/Events

( It says free if you go to the link but don't know how much space there is - you must register first.)

Saturday, March 24th

Local Chef: Vegetarian Indian Cuisine with Kama Bistro

noon - 1 pm FREE

In the cafe

We’re delighted to have Chef Vikram, owner of Kama Bistro in La Grange, return to make Indian cooking look easy. Chef Vikram will show us how to prepare an Yellow Dal and Beans and Potatoes, popular side dishes in India. At his restaurant, he prepares every recipe, including his spice mixes, from scratch using the freshest ingredients.

A $10 gift certificate for a Kama dining experience will be available to all attendees. ( nice, eh? wink )

To reserve a place in this class, sign up/call Customer Service by 3/16. (630-986-8500) - I would still call and see if they have space even if the deadline is past - the cafe area is "open".

FYI, Kama Indian Bistro is located in downtown LaGrange and they have 30 vegan options of appetizers, entrees, salads, etc and many of them gluten-free as well.

http://www.kamabistro...­

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 345
Thank you Kimberly. I just called about the noon event. They said it's already full. I wish I would know earlier!
I may need to check their calendar more often.
Kimberly
purrgirl
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 181
Yeah, I wish I had found out earlier too! They do often have some good free veg or health events at that location but I too forget to check the calendar! Sometimes they put it up on their FB page but usually late.