ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Starting Your Spring Garden

Starting Your Spring Garden

A former member
Post #: 19
I am giving a short lecture to another group the next weekend, and thought you all might like to know more about this topic. I am a Certified Master Gardener through the University of Illinois Extension Office. I have been an organic gardener all my life; my grandfather was an organic gardener and kept his family fed during the depression with his 1/4 acre garden behind his house, and the chickens that he raised. I loved picking fresh blackberries and having them with cream and sugar when I visited Grandma Howard.

Some of what you will learn is how to choose your garden site, soil testing, how to prepare the soil for planting, and what to plant. We will also explore the idea of Edible Gardening; combining herbs and vegetables with flowers and trees.

We will meet for pot luck at 3 pm and the lecture will start after we clear the dishes.

See you there!

Dr. Wanona Wellspring Ceisel, DN
Jeffrey
user 28107982
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
where is the lecture? what time? fee?
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 352
Would you be interested to do a similar lecture (possibly in May) for Chicago Green & Eco-Living (CGE) group?