ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Car-pooling arrangements for August 25, 2012

Car-pooling arrangements for August 25, 2012

Paul R.
user 25093732
Chicago, IL
Post #: 23
The thing about 60 no-shows probably was due to the 2 hour drive ect but I'd like to say just what a great time it really was. First you could do whatever you wanted with the animals. Having strangers visit was a regular thing for them and they interacted by their personal inclinations, not by fear. The cow was the friendliest, I played with her, pushed against her bulk, she pushed back, her crazy long tongue made the girlies shriek lol. Feed them, pet them, be alone with them..it was a rare moment of being totally free and responsible to yourself with exotic creatures.

Then the food really was top notch. There was no cost cutting measures in making those dishes and they had all the garnish and design and yumminess food can have. Gill told me she was concerned she couldn't make enough food so she posted a request on Facebook and as she described "like manna from heaven", everybody brought heaping amounts of the best veg food I've ever had.

Entertainment was close-up and personal so that there was folksy interaction between the singers and the audience....more rareity. Warm-up was (I'm sorry I don't remember their names) a bold and attractive blonde woman I loved the instant I met her at the banquet table, singing cover songs as her laid back husband played bongos. Next came RobinLee, an attractive young wordsmith with a Shania Twain haircut and my favorite, her lyrics lean towards more introspective, like myself personally and so not surprising, I connected with her performance. Thenly came Zack Gee who sang fun songs, of a veg variety, danced very cool and ended jumping off stage and dancing with some crazy dude in the audience, it was a great finale. P.S. Zach's wife Lisa joined in some, prettying up the stage with her soft feminine dancing and sweet smile.

The craft show wasn't different from other craft shows but it was better because, again, it was folksy, people knew each other ect.

Around the campfire, there was three different fully charged conversations going at the same time and plenty of room leftover for me and a gal to sit there on the grass, near the fire, say very little, feel the warmth and the glow and just 'be there'. RobinLee even played some guitar for a bit and she's very good at it. At no time was I bored, not hardly. I was amoungst like fellows and loved every minute of being with them. Paddy really knows how to stack the wood up correctly for a beautiful fire. It started up 5 feet tall and looking like a woman's hair, tapering upward, transparent blue's lower center, bright yellows in the middle and oranges and yellows at the top and boiled down later into sections of varied bright yellows and oranges of super hot coals burning. The fire was an ongoing, ever changing drama I...like Heathcliff...could watch all night.

Finally camping, my special love. Usually I camp alone. This time there was a mini town of tents, all enjoying the thing together and it was great.

It rained that night by about 5am I think. It prevented an outdoor meditation that was planned. We didn't even get to showing an outdoor movie and I suspect it was because it couldn't be squeezed in! Unbelievable!..more was planned lol?

Now that we've all been CGI'd half to death, this is the real thing and here's my genuine opinion...if people knew what it was about, there would have been a thousand people there....too damned many actually, so lets just whisper it to our favorite friends ;)

P.S.S. Preparing the food with all the bells and whistles, without concern for thrift really makes the dinner..and the event. Selfishly, I would really have to say, spend that extra money (black olives, avocado ect) and make your compadres melt from all the yummyness, when you bring something to a potluck
Thank you! signed the luckiest dog :P
Paul R.
user 25093732
Chicago, IL
Post #: 24
P.S.S.S. Do I dare? Yes, I do....favorite quote of the day.... A fly on her elbow....RobinLee suggests her attractive blonde S.O. "Lick it off". silent snicker.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 380
Thank you, Paul, for your kind words about the event and Thank you for spreading the word about our events in general. Feel free also post on our Facebook group at http://www.facebook.c...­
I am looking forward to see you and everyone at our upcoming events!
Paul R.
user 25093732
Chicago, IL
Post #: 25
How? I still don't know how facebook works. I clicked your link, then joined, but see no scroll line to post in.