ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Fermented Veggies and Pickling

Fermented Veggies and Pickling

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Chicagoland Veggie-heads,
I've noticed a missing, and potentially important component to veggie related discussions and meet-ups - fermented vegetables.
Fermented veggies become more nutritious through the process - fermentation breaks down harder, more complex molecules and make them easier for our bellies to digest. They improve your digestive health, and strengthen your immune system as well.
Does anyone have experience making their own pickled or fermented vegetables and want to collaborate on a meet-up??
I've scheduled one in Old Town to help introduce a simple fermented recipe to your repertoire. Take a look here­ and come join the pickled fun if you're so inclined.
It'll be fun - educational and delicious.

Paul R.
user 25093732
Chicago, IL
Post #: 40
i know i love pickles and they help me digest the hemp seed protein.
Skyla I.
Chicago, IL
Post #: 8
My mouth is watering already! I'd love to attend a pickling meetup but it would have to be a weeknight since I work on weekends.