ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Soul Vegetarian meetup & CVM Executive Team meeting outcome

Soul Vegetarian meetup & CVM Executive Team meeting outcome

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Greetings to all!

Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Soul Vegetarian restaurant!
We could never guess that macaroni with cheese and carrot salad could be that tasty! Let alone the rest of the yummy food!
This restaurant has very tasty vegan food, great for large groups, and has friendly staff. All of this makes us to consider visiting it again for our future events.

However, we also faced an issue that we need to talk about… We had only 28 people out of 45 who had RSVPs which was a bit disappointing because of the following reasons:

First, there was a waiting list of people who wanted to come but could not because there were so many who RSVPed Yes. It was a shame that these members had to miss out, especially since so many people who reserved spots did not show up.

Secondly, the owners of the restaurant had prepared food for 45 people, and expected to be paid for it (as oppose of throwing a lot of food away).

Despite sending e-mails out to everyone ahead of time, asking members to update their RSVPs to make room for those who really want to attend the event, many people still did not show up or change their RSVP. Because of this, we decided to implement the following steps to mitigate the issue for our future events:

1. Planning to setup a feature that allow members to pay for events as they RSVP on-line
2. Minimizing the number of events with “Maybe” RSVP option to the only events where the attendance is not important
3. Implementing “Three Strikes” policy

“Three Strikes” policy (effective as of 02/14/09):
Attendance is taken during selected events and people who RSVP but did not come are marked as "no show".
There are only three "no show" allowed during a year (starting with the first "no show")
After the third "no show" the member looses the privilege to sign up for our events for the year (except the events that permit Maybe RSVPs.)

Please check your profiles on a regular basis if we marked any of you with "no show" for an event by mistake and communicate to us to allow us to correct the mistake in time.

Some other outcomes of CVM Executive Team meeting:

1. Expand setting up new events to some non-completely-vegetarian places as long as they are vegetarian friendly and have an extensive vegan/vegetation selection (i.e. Klay Oven, Flat Top, etc.)
2. Setting up some “small” events that will be limited to 10-15 people to allow us to visit some smaller vegetarian restaurants that do not except reservations (Alice & Friends, Amitabul, etc.) So, do not wait to RSVP!
3. Restrict using Mailing List as it’s done by the most other Meetup groups to prevent misusing it and encourage members to communicate via Message Board.
4. We will be looking for sponsors to put on our website (please contact me or Kurt with any suggestions)
5. We will be promoting our group on MySpace (stay tuned for more info or contact me or Laura with suggestions)

I am posting this email to our Message Board so all members could reply with their suggestions and comments. I am looking forward to any responses from YOU to help to our CVM Executive Team making our meetup more enjoyable for everyone.

Vadim & CVM Executive Team
A former member
Post #: 178
Please Post your photos!! Yes, we will gladly pay in advance next time if necessary..how rude of people to blow it off... Peace, Gill
Sandi G.
user 8940131
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Hi, I just joined this group and think it would be great if you were in Facebook.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 33
Gill:
I posted the photos I took.
Thank you for posting yours!

Sandi: We are already on Facebook. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.c...­