ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Presentation/Discussion topics for our future meetups

Presentation/Discussion topics for our future meetups

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 38
Please post here a topic that you would like to present for one of our future meetups. It doesn’t have to be something directly related to vegetarianism but can be ANY topic related to healthy/conscious living in general. The presentation should be between 7 and 25 minutes. Please include any preferences when you would like to do it and if you may prefer to do the presentation during our Chicago or suburban meetups. I will be contacting you before our future meetups asking if you will be available to do your presentation for the specific meetup.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 39
I have two topics I would like to present:
1. Group discussion: "How to make our Meetup more interesting for the existing members, as well as to outreach more people in Chicago area to spread the ideas of Vegetarianism."
2. Presentation: "Genetically Modified food - do we know enough about it?" (Anyone would be interested to take over this topic to present it? I have plenty materials available).

I have no preferences when or where to present it.
Allen M G.
user 4409435
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 16
I will discuss a 9-day workshop given by Bryon Katie called "The Work", which is about transforming negative thought patterns into friendly ones.
A former member
Post #: 2
I am interested in organic gardening for the urban home!
Arlanda D.
user 3180884
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
I would like to discuss if Soy Products are beneficial or harmful to our bodies. It's a personal concern of mine. Time and Place doesn't matter. I'm flexible.
Cynthia
user 5462919
Chicago, IL
I represent a company a personal care product company that in i'ts 29 years has never tested on animals nor uses any animal products or by products. I would like very much to provide information about these products to people that would most appreciate these animal friendly ethical practices. I live in the city and would prefer a city meet up but am very flexible.
A former member
Post #: 9
This is a great idea to have people presenting! I have two topics I could present on -- composting and the health benefits of cutting out dairy from your diet (especially for women). I have direct experience with both.
PA
user 8629522
Beijing, CN
Post #: 3
I would like to discuss if Soy Products are beneficial or harmful to our bodies. It's a personal concern of mine. Time and Place doesn't matter. I'm flexible.
I would really like to know more about this topic as well. I have been adding a lot of soy products to my diet. Love how they taste but I have been hearing mixed messages about the benefits they provide.
PA
user 8629522
Beijing, CN
Post #: 4
I will discuss a 9-day workshop given by Bryon Katie called "The Work", which is about transforming negative thought patterns into friendly ones.
Great topic.
Howard
user 7191179
Chicago, IL
I would like to make a presentation about the health benefits of a vegetarian diet. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, partly due to switching to a plant-based diet. My health improved because of this. I would like to make a short presentation and then have discussion if possible.