ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Columbia Chronicle Photo Essay - Freegans - Looking for Chicago area contacts

Columbia Chronicle Photo Essay - Freegans - Looking for Chicago area contacts

A former member
Post #: 200
Hi Fellow Animal Friendly Friends,
I recieved this today in my Facebook mail and wanted to ask others who may be in Chicago & who are interested to contact me!

They wrote:
I am a photojournalist for Columbia College Chicago's student run newspaper, the Columbia Chronicle. I stumbled upon your name in an article written on freegans by Alyssa Vale and thought I would contact you as I am now I'm trying to pursue an in depth photo essay on freegans living in Chicago. I'm reaching out to you in the hopes that you may be interested in participating in my photo essay and may also be able to put me in contact with some Chicago area freegans who'd be willing to participate in my photo essay over the next couple of months. Any information you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via email or phone, Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm. I can be reached at my cell number after 5pm throughout the week.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks,
Oriana

I wrote to her:
Today at 11:54am
Hi, Thanks so much for asking. I ADORE Freegan Living! This is My Passion. I would SO love to be part of this photo essay, but I dive in the suburbs and I don't know many people who dive in the city and/or are Open about it. I will post your note on my meetup board though, if you would like me to do so?? Is there a possibility you might be able to join me in the suburbs at all? Peace, Gill

Oriana wrote back:
That would be great if you posted my note on your meetup board! There's a great chance I could come out to the suburbs to join you. Right now, I'm working on getting some contacts/participants gathered and I'll be ready to shoot by the second week of September, so just let me know when would be a good day(s) and time(s) for you and we'll make it happen!

Thanks for your quick response and enthusiasm!
Oriana

Please Let ME Know if you want to be part of this cool Photo Essay on Freeganism!